Pinterest Meals Part 4
My journey as a chef in the Evjen house hold continues with success thanks to Pinterest. Seriously, I hated cooking until I started cataloging great recipes using this social media tool. For some reason, the recipes that find their way onto Pinterest turn out yummy 9 times out of 10.
Here are some of my latest finds and successes:
1. Broccoli, grape and pasta salad – It’s the perfect summer side dish! The grapes give it a sweetness that balances the salty flavor of the bacon. It’s TASTY without a doubt.
2. Arugula salad with mango, avocado and macadamia nuts – OH MY GOSH! This salad is one of the best I’ve made. I didn’t use the macadamia nuts because my hubby is allergic, but I’m sure that addition takes it over the top. It’s very easy and fast. Another great summer meal.
3. Broccoli Quinoa Casserole – This was my first attempt at cooking quinoa, and it was a huge success. Casseroles are always a comfort food, but with the healthiness of quinoa, low-fat mayo and reduced-fat cheese this yummy side dish is only 199 calories per serving. I sure do love great tasting, low-calorie options. I would make this with cream of broccoli and cheddar cheese even though the recipe leaves it up to you.
4. Portobello Mushroom Pizzas – This recipe is another tasty, low-calorie option for dinner or snack time. These portobello mushroom pizzas only took me five minutes of prep work, 20 minutes of cooking time and equal only 115 calories per serving (one portobello). Two of these babies is plenty to fill me up at dinner time. Definitely make sure to use a pan with a lip because juices do pour out of those suckers.
5. Apricot Basil Chicken Salad – I will forever put apricots in my chicken salad. The combination is delightful and I prefer them to grapes. This salad is SO fresh tasting and a healthier alternative to the recipes loaded with fat. Definitely make this for the 4th of July coming up. It’s perfect for a party or picnic.
Follow me on pinterest and find more tasty recipes to try!