This post is sponsored by Coca-Cola Licensing.
The holidays are the biggest baking season of all. Each year, my husband's family makes an assortment of cookies and bars to enjoy the night of Christmas. Instead of having pie, we have these sweet treats that are made days leading up to Christmas. When you're entertaining it's always nice not to have to cook the day of the party. Relieve stress and busyness where you can, and try this recipe out.
My sister-in-law, Nicky Vender, is a genius baker and she created this salty, sweet treat made of white chocolate, pretzels, cranberries, almonds and pistachios. The green of the pistachios and the red of the cranberries makes it very festive. It only takes 5 minutes to prepare, there's no baking involved and you can enjoy the treat 15 minutes later.
2 bags white chocolate chips
3 cups pretzel sticks
1 cup dried cranberries
½ cup shelled pistachios
1 cup slivered almonds Directions:
1. In a large bowl, melt chocolate chips in microwave per instructions on the bag (about 2 minutes). Carefully, stir in pretzels, cranberries, pistachios and almonds until everything is well coated.
2. Place large sheets of parchment paper on countertop.
3. Pour out onto paper and spread the mixture out to desired thickness.
4. Allow bark to cool completely (this is very important).
5. Break into pieces for serving. We think ice cold Coca-Cola is a great pairing.
6. Store in an airtight container.
Recipe by Nicky Vender, Photos by Melissa Jill.