Happy Mother's Day! This is my first Mother's Day where I get to hold my baby in my arms and not just feel her punch my tummy. haha. It is an incredible privilege to be Elle's mom, and I hope one day she gets to experience this same blessing. In honor of Mother's day I would like to share five fast and easy style tips with you. I had the chance to do this on television for Arizona Midday in conjunction with HelloSociety this week (clip coming soon).
1. Dress it up - The fastest and easiest way to feel gorgeous is to put on a dress. It's one piece of clothing and you don't have to match anything to it except for a pair of shoes. Right now, lace dresses are very popular, as well as bright printed maxi dresses.
2. Make a statement - Still trying to shed the little bit of baby weight? Draw attention to your face and away from those extra pounds with a bright statement necklace or a colorful scarf in your hair. Both are easy to put on, very trendy and make people focus on what is important - YOU!
3. Smell the roses - Nothing makes a woman feel more special than getting flowers, right? So, why not wear them this Mother's Day?! Floral prints are very popular and can be worn on shorts, blazers and skirts. If that is too adventuresome, try a pair of floral printed shoes. Even in small doses flowers are special.
4. It's in the bag - Handbags are always a treat because they have nothing to do with body shape and you won't have to worry about guessing the right size because it will always "fit." The Chloe Marcie bag is the "it" bag of the year but if you're looking to spend less, the Michael Kors Hamilton tote or anything from the Kate Spade Grove collection is beautiful.
5. Five minute face - After I became a mom, the "5-minute face" became a necessity for me to feel pretty while juggling a baby and a job. I had a makeup artist (Stephanie Neiheisel) sift through my makeup, get rid of what I didn't need, and show me how to create the best 5-minute face for my skin tone. It changed my life!