Raise your hand if you wait every year for "pumpkin spice latte" season...(BOTH HANDS RAISED HIGH). I love the flavors of pumpkin, cinnamon and nutmeg together. What if I told you that you could make that yummy-goodness in the comfort of your home and save a ton of money this fall? What if I told you I know how to make it taste even better without a ton of caffeine? Well, thanks to Allison DeVane, creator of Teaspressa, I can! Allison is a genius and a passionate tea lover that started her revolutionary business, Teaspressa, only about six months ago. Before then she would only make tea lattes for her family. Now, she has her own loose leaf tea blends, a tea shop in downtown Phoenix at DeSoto Central Market and will be launching a line of scented candles. Man, I have been in business for five years, and I'm blown away at how motivated and talented Allison is.
Well, without further delay, here is a yummy recipe for you to try at home.
PUMPKIN PEARL TEA LATTE 3 Servings
- 1.5 cup of
- .5 TSP Pumpkin Pie Spice
- 2 TSP Pumpkin Puree
- 1.5 TBS White Chocolate Chips
- 1.5 cup of milk
- Whipped Cream
- Cinnamon for garnish
1. Make Cape Town Teaspressa shot using a
. You can easily find one at
. (You're basically going to make a concentrated shot of tea verses brewing tea like normal. If using a 6 cup pot you'll want to load your pot with 2 TBSP of Capetown Signature Blend Tea. For first time users of the moka pots,
. Fill the bottom portion of your moka pot with water, assemble the moka pot, heat on the stove over high heat until liquids are boiling and steam is piping. Remove the moka pot from the stove and evenly pour shots over 3 coffee cups.
2. In a medium saucepan over medium-high heat, heat pumpkin puree and pumpkin spice to a low simmer. Slowly whisk in milk.
3. While the mixture is heating up, microwave the white chocolate in a microwave-safe bowl for 20 second at medium microwave power (a.k.a. 50 percent power) to avoid overheating and stir.
4. Slowly whisk white chocolate into milk mixture and bring to a low simmer. Then remove from heat.
5. Transfer milk mixture to a blender or food processor and pulse several times until mixture is foamy and frothy.
6. Pour hot milk mixture over tea in each cup. Garnish with whipped cream and/or cinnamon!
7. Enjoy with a scrumptious cardamon and sugar donut from