You know those days when you just feel a bit frumpy? It's not because your clothes, hair or makeup looks bad, but maybe more because you just feel bored or tired of the same old thing. We've all had days or maybe even seasons like that, and I've found that little luxurious delights that help me snap out of it. So, what are some of my secret weapons?
1. L' Occitane Amande Firming & Smoothing Milk Concentrate - The first time I smelled this amazing body cream I thought I was in heaven. It's the best smelling body lotion the history of lotion. It's not over powering like Bath & Body Works. It just has this beautiful smell and velvety feel when you apply it. You feel like you should be sitting on a tuffted stool at your vanity wearing silk pajamas or something. I rarely buy this product because it costs a whopping $44.00, but when I do I always feel a bit special applying it.
2. Especially Escada Perfume - Sometimes all it takes is a splash of really nice perfume. One of my new favorites is Especially Escada. The bottle is beautiful and the scent is feminine and clean. I wear Her by Narcisco Rodriguez almost every day, and I love it. So, when I apply something like Escada it makes it special and I'm ensured I can smell it because my body isn't so used to it.
3. Spa Bathrobe - I've gone to a spa about five times in my life. I loved every minute of it, but I can't afford to go there more than maybe once a year. So what not bring the spa home to you? Just putting on my slippers and clean, plush bathrobe makes me feel relaxed and happy. I was able to find a really nice robe at Last Chance, but you can find great robes anywhere.
4. Aveda Shampoo - I wash my hair every day with common hair products you can find at Target such as John Frieda Brilliant Brunette. But every once in a blue moon I splurge on a designer shampoo, and my favorite is Aveda's Brilliant Shampoo. It leaves your hair smelling amazing and clean. Something about that natural scent transports me to Hawaii.
5. Lighting Candles - Sometimes all you need is to light some candles, have a glass of nice wine, and a bite of a really great dessert. They say you can't buy happiness, but I say you can buy 20 minutes of happiness with these simple luxuries. One of my all time favorite candles is the Red Capri Jar Candle. It's $28.00, but lasts a really long time.
What are some of your ways to combat a case of the frumpies?