To get any where in the fashion world you either have to some sweet connections and get an apprenticeship or you need to have some type of formal training/education. I have my bachelor's degree from Arizona State University (GO DEVILS) in business and communications, but nothing that really qualifies me to do fashion marketing / PR / design. So, I've begun researching programs that will suit my life stage and give me credibility for the industry. This means that I'm either moving to NYC or California. There are some other options such as Savannah, GA or Providence, RI; however, I'd have to stay in school for three years. FIDM and Parsons offer two year degrees for those that have already achieved their bachelor's and are looking to make a career change (BINGO)! That's more of what I'm looking for. I also have to be able to work while I go to school to continue my professional career in PR and to afford to live in those states (haha).
What do you think? Any comments or stories about the following schools?
1. Fashion Institue of Design and Merchandising (FIDM) Location: San Francisco | Los Angeles Programs of Interest: Fashion Design | Product Development and Merchandising
2. Parsons New School for Design Location: New York City Program of Interest: AAS Fashion Marketing | AAS Fashion Design
3. Academy of Art University Location: San Francisco Program of Interest: Associates of Fashion Online
4. Fashion Insitute of Technology (FIT) Location: New York City Program of Interest: Fashion Design
5. Savannah College of Art and Design Location: Savannah | Atlanta Program of Interest: Fashion Design | Fashion Marketing & Management
6.Rhode Island School of Design Location: Providence Program of Interest: Apparel Design