Smells have a way of jogging your memory. They transport you back into different times in your life or help you remember different people. I can still smell my Nana when I think about her - Chanel No. 5, powder and ponds facial lotion - that's what she smelled like.
If someone were to remember me by a smell right now they would probably describe it as baby vomit, Lucky Charms and Gain. It's very telling of my life right now, but I want to smell beautiful, comforting, light and easy. Well, if you make your way down to the Jo Malone store at the Biltmore Fashion Park you can create exactly that. You can create a scent just for you that no one else hands, and you really can't go wrong.
I discovered that I could pick a scent by describing my desire to feel assertive, strong, sexy, clean, happy rather than guessing if I like citrus, florals or woody notes. It turns out I'm more of a warm, woody fan than I am a crisp, citrus fan. Who knew?! In fact, the very two scents that make up my signature smell are Vanilla Cardamom and Wood Sage & Sea Salt. I layered body creme of the Wood Sage & Sea Salt and spritzed the Vanilla Cardamom over the top and it was devine.
A couple things I learned from the amazing store experience:
1. Don't rub your perfume in. Press it in. Rubbing destroys the scent.
2. There are under 150 ingredients in the Jo Malone scents, and the average perfume on the market has over 300. You are really getting a quality product that will last much longer.
3. Only 16 people in the world make their candles, and about two people on average will handle the candle you purchase. It is quite special.
4. Princess Kate and Prince William had their wedding scented with Jo Malone's Orange Blossom. So, if you want to smell like their wedding day you know where to go!
5. You can schedule a hand and arm massage for a quick pampering at the Jo Malone store.
Go visit their beautiful brand new store for an incredible experience. If you're stumped as to what to get people for their wedding, birthday or for the holidays I highly recommend getting candles, perfume or body creme from Jo Malone. Any man or woman would feel so special to receive such a luxurious and beautiful gift.
This post is sponsored by Jo Malone.